Salcid Antifungal Soap contains Selenium Sulfide as its main active ingredient efficiently treats fungal infections of skin and scalp. It performs keratolytic action that helps with shedding off dead skin layers and fastening skin healing. This antifungal soap is employed as an adjuvant therapy to treat and control fungal infections that help lessen scalp redness, irritation, flaking, and itching. Moreover, its antipruritic, antiseptic, and sebum control action is also beneficial in treating tinea infections responsible for causing fungal infections on the skin.
There are two ways that Salcid Antifungal Soap works. Selenium Sulfide functions as a moderate antifungal, halting the development and growth of the yeast that causes fungal infections on the skin. Additionally, it encourages the body to produce and shed less dead skin, which aids in healing scalp conditions like seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff.
Salcid Antifungal Soap helps to treat:
- Scalp Seborrheic Dermatitis (a condition that causes dry, scaly, red, and itchy skin).
- Fungal infections on the skin related to Tinea Family.
As a core ingredient, Selenium Sulfide in Salcid Antifungal Soap Bars helps to maintain the normal flora of the skin. As an adjuvant therapy, it helps to treat Seborrheic Dermatitis and fungal infections of skin linked to the Tinea Family:
- Tinea pedis (foot
- Tinea unguium (nails)
- Tinea manuum (hand)
- Tinea cruris (groin)
- Tinea corporis (body)
- Tinea capitis (scalp)
- Tinea faciei (face)
- Tinea barbae (beard)
- Tinea versicolor (various colors)
- If undue irritation develops or increases, discontinue use and consult a physician.
- Avoid getting into the eyes. In case of contact, rinse thoroughly.
- If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store below 30°C.
For Dandruff or Scalp Dermatitis,
- Wet the scalp.
- Make Salcid Antifungal Soap lather and massage into it.
- After 2-3 minutes, properly rinse it off your scalp.
- Use twice a week or less frequently to keep dandruff under control.
For Pityriasis Versicolor/ Tinea Versicolor,
- Wet the infected skin.
- Make Salcid Antifungal Soap lather and let it sit on the skin for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash the skin with water.
- Repeat twice a day for 14 days or as prescribed by the doctor.
Note: Do not let Salcid Bar touch inflamed, raw skin, genital areas, and skin folds. Make sure to rinse skin thoroughly after contact with Salcid Bar.
Q1. Does Selenium Sulphide dry out the skin?
Common side effects of selenium sulfide-based Salcid Antifungal Soap include dry scalp, skin irritability, and transient hair loss. The majority of the time, these signs subside without the need for medical assistance. So, to avoid this condition, do not massage the Salcid Soap too much, and don’t forget to rinse the Salcid soap properly.
Q2. How long does Selenium Sulfide Soap takes to improve symptoms?
As labeled, Salcid soap usage is safe for up to 4 weeks. If symptoms do not improve by then or if you experience any worsening side effects, let your doctor know.
Q3. Does Selenium Sulfide produce rashes?
If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to Selenium Sulfide, it may cause a temporary rash. Inform your healthcare professional if the rash is severe or doesn’t go away.
Q4. Is it okay to use Selenium Sulfide on my face?
For body tinea versicolor, apply Salcid Antifungal soap to your afflicted body regions, excluding the face area.
But if you’re washing Salcid soap off your scalp, you can get some of it on your face. Just be cautious not to get any substance in your eyes, nose, and mouth, as this might result in burning and discomfort.